Wednesday, February 15, 2006

New Projects

Now that I am a CL gardener this blog will serve a slightly new purpose. Instead of capturing minor insights into the Singularity and Artificial General Intelligence, I am just going to document what I do to help improve the Common Lisp community. Currently, I am working on getting CLOCC to be installable with ASDF-Install.

As it stands the CLOCC being "Common Lisp Open Code Collection" is old. It was written before nicer things really existed. One of these nice things is ASDF. This program which is tangentally linked to cliki.net is a way to do various things with libraries in Common Lisp. It works somewhat like make in Unix. One of the more interesting things that caught my eye was ASDF-install. ASDF-install lets you install libraries straight from the REPL. The problem arrives when one understands that CLOCC was written before ASDF-install existed. One of the things CLOCC impliments is MK-Defsystem, asdf's predeccesor.

So the program is made to use mk-defsystem. It should be fun to make it work with asdf-install. The creator of the project does not mind the change so I feel it will be a nice way to formally enter the community.

I was going to make about half the entries in this blog links but I always hate when others do that.

1 Comments:

Blogger James Ridley said...

CL is Common Lisp. Common Lisp is a programming language

1. Yeah I am going to try to get more into that with future entries

2. When this class ends I will gladly give that book. Then you will indulge in delicious combinatoric logic.

2:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home